- Loaf of Sourdough Bread, cubed (about 4 cups)
- 2 eggs
- 2 T butter, melted
- 2 ½ c milk
- 2 c sugar
- 2 T vanilla extract
- 1/3 c pecans, chopped & toasted
- Raisins, as much or little as desired (about ½ c)
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes. Let stale overnight.
- Arrange in 9 inch backing dish as tightly as possible.
- Whisk eggs; add butter, milk, & sugar,
- Add vanilla extract.
- Pour over bread.
- Push bread so all pieces are drenched.
- Top with pecans.
- Bake @325 for 60 minutes or until golden brown.
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 c Jack Daniels
- Melt butter in a saucepan
- Add sugar, whipping cream, & Jack Daniels
- Bring to a low boil.
- Remove from heat immediately
- Scoop bread mixture onto plate.
- Pour sauce over.
- Top with raisins.
- Serve both while warm.